Academic Assistance

Various offices on campus offer academic assistance. These services are generally free.

Campus Access

For students with disabilities (permanent or temporary), the Center for Educational Access offers assistance with note-taking for blind or hearing impaired students, transportation for mobility-impaired students, and many other services. The office is in the Arkansas Union. Call 575-3104. The Reasonable Accommodation policy can be found here.

CLASS+ Writing Support

Journalism students seeking assistance with grammar or other writing challenges may go to CLASS + Writing Support in Kimpel Hall 315. The English department faculty and graduate students set 30-minute or longer appointments with students to assist them with writing problems and to aid with reports and theses.

Students may also take a remedial grammar course, JOUR 1033 through Global Campus to prepare them for the writing standards of journalistic coursework.

Math Center

Students can find help for Finite Math and College Algebra courses at the Math Center in the Science-Engineering Building. Teaching assistants in the math department tutor free during the week in rooms SE216 and SE217. The center is open Monday through Thursday during fall and spring semesters and their schedule can be found here.

University Policies

University academic policies can be found here.